In each session, you will take part in exercises, watch clips and have group discussions. You’ll work towards preparing the template and building blocks for your first play or screenplay so that you are ready to finish writing it.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- See film, television, and theatre with a new lens for the way scripted stories work;
- Develop character arcs and dynamics and work with subtext;
- Create and build worlds as well as write effective dialogue;
- Form and create your own creative principles that you will continue to stand by and develop as you continue to create;
- Have the confidence to receive and give feedback; and
- Have the confidence to put your work out into the world.
Please bring a pen and paper.
Past students’ reviews for Ben’s classes:
“Ben displays a deep passion for what he teaches which helps engagement. Very approachable and humorous.”
“Insights outside the normal curriculum.”
“I learned about so many aspects of storytelling I never thought about or knew about.”
“Ben is a great communicator, listener, and very engaging as a teacher.”
“Engaging, knowledgeable, relatable, smart, and fun.”
“Ben was very approachable and encouraging – fostered a safe learning environment which helped with being vulnerable and sharing work.”