Contemporary Dance uNZipped is a collaboration between TAPAC (The Auckland Performing Arts Centre) and Patrice O'Brien, Professional Teaching Fellow and specialist in Dance Education from the Faculty of Education, University of Auckland.
The programme includes a line-up of experienced teaching artists and facilitators handpicked for their expertise and commitment to dance in schools.
You will experience:
- Four days of workshops packed with ideas and creative strategies to assist your teaching of NCEA dance
- At least two contemporary dances to use for NCEA performance standards
- Daily sessions on contemporary technique
- Sessions on composition and choreography suitable for delivery to your students
- Discussions and networking with fellow secondary school dance teachers – an invaluable relationship-building resource!
In addition, you will receive:
- Digital recordings of the dances for your resources
- Student instructions and assessment schedules for the standards covered in the workshop
- Opportunities to purchase additional resources.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are included along with drinks and nibbles at the end of the last day of the workshops. Dietary requirement information will be requested from you before the start of the workshops.
Monday 17 Jan 2022 to Thursday 20 Jan 2022
9:30am - 4:30pm
TAPAC, 100 Motions Road, Western Springs, Auckland 1022
Participants will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
If the course needs to be cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions then fees will be refunded.
$495.00 - Book now, pay later/invoice sent to school in 2022. Enrol HERE
$445.50 - Enrol online and pay now via credit card (10% discount). Enrol HERE
For more information, please email [email protected]