Think you’ve got what it takes to be the next Taika Waititi or Jane Campion? This fun, engaging programme will unlock the secrets to great directing and screenwriting…
Filmmaker Stephen J. Campbell will teach you how to: come up with great ideas; structure a story; develop multi-dimensional characters; and write and format scripts for film and TV. You’ll also discover the logistics of filmmaking and how scenes and sequences work.
You’ll learn about constructing scenes and shots, screen geography, storyboarding scenes, editing, chase scenes, shooting indoors and outdoors.
Students will take turns directing and being directed from sample scripts to gain a full understanding of the role.
“Informative, interesting, enjoyable.”
“Informative, engaging, fun.”
“It pulled back the curtain about how movies are written.”
Level 2 Restrictions
- Places in courses will be reduced to allow for social distancing of 2m for activities. This course has a maximum of 12 participants and needs a minimum of 7 participants to run.
- Activities for courses will be planned with social distancing in mind.
- There will be no end of course performances for any holiday programmes under Level 2.
- Prior to the start of the course, you will receive an email detailing TAPAC’s Level 2 guidelines for students and visitors.
- If the programme needs to be cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions or low enrolments, you will receive a refund.