Unleash your inner superhero in this fun, safe stage combat programme for ages 7+. You’ll learn unarmed and armed stage combat techniques and learn to take on the bad guys and girls, all while looking super cool!
This holiday programme will teach you unarmed combat (punches, falls and sells )and armed stage combat techniques as you practice your skills with a variety of weapons (light sabre noodles/ nerf guns).
Led by professional stunt people/tutors from The New Zealand Stage and Screen Combat School, you’ll discover how to use your body to tell a story physically with your body, facial expressions and vocalisation. You’ll analyse existing fight scenes to see how the professionals do it and you’ll discover how to safely perform combat manoeuvres using visual illusions and timing.
Level 2 Restrictions
- Places in courses will be reduced to allow for social distancing of 2m for activities. This course has a maximum of 12 participants and needs a minimum of 8 participants to run.
- Activities for courses will be planned with social distancing in mind.
- There will be no end of course performances for any holiday programmes under Level 2.
- Prior to the start of the course, you will receive an email detailing TAPAC’s Level 2 guidelines for students and visitors.
- If the programme needs to be cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions or low enrolments, you will receive a refund.